Taking the first step towards another 1,000 years.
The Korea-Arab Society (KAS) is a non-profit and an incorporated foundation, funded by Korean and Arab governments. The bilateral cooperation between Korean and 22 Arab countries will enhance mutual development in diverse areas not only in economy but also in arts, culture, sports and academia. At the ‘International Conference to Launch the Korea-Arab Society’ on 26 May 2008, the ‘Statue’ set out the aims in order to establish the Society. Activities and other matters were agreed upon basis of consensus which then was adopted as an official document at the inaugural Board of Directors Meeting on 30 June 2008
The aims of the foundation of the Society, which appear in Article 2 of the Statue, are as follows.
Moreover, it is prescribed in Article 6 that the following programs should be implemented in order to achieve the purposes of the foundation.
- 1. To promote understanding of the culture and traditions of both the Republic of Korea and the Arab world by implementing various programs for cooperation and exchanges.
- 2. To create cooperative programs between the governments of the Republic of Korea and Members of the Arab League (22 countries) and to promote mutual friendly relations by implementing and supporting such projects.
- 3. To contribute to the boosting of economic relations between the Republic of Korea and Members of the Arab League (22 countries) by increasing opportunities for economic and trade cooperation in the private sector.
- 1. Planning, creatinge, supporting and participatinge in various programs aiminged to promote understanding of Korea in the Arab World as well as the understanding of the Arab World in Korea, including existing programs selected from the fields of culture, tradition science and, technology, research, human development, scholarships etc.
- 2. Dispatching and invitinge personalities for the purpose of exchanges between the Republic of Korea and Members of the Arab League.
- 3. Hosting, supporting and participatinge in various events aimed to increase economic cooperation between the Republic of Korea and Members of the Arab League.
- 4. Events that enhance international friendly relations throug cooperation and the strengthening of exchanges with international and regional organizations related to the Arab World and other key events in order to achieve the purposes of Article 2.